Updated Guide on Everything You Need to Know about Status Cards
We're excited to share this easy breakdown of Status Card services that OneFeather offers, to make sure you have all the information needed to begin an application. We've got all the tools to help you, so let's go! 🤩
Status Cards Applications We Help With
- Renewal or Replacement
- For Personal
- For Dependents:
- 4- 15 years of age
- Aged 16+ who are in this category: an adult who may have a mental and/or physical limitation and depends on assistance to carry out regular activities, obtain services, as well as access and protect their rights.
- Your Child or Dependent Adult must already have own registration number, and you must already have yours too.
- When applying for Child or Dependent Adult- use their registration number.
Who Can Apply for Personal Status Cards
- Anyone who has Status already, who is from a Canadian First Nation
- Anyone who has Status themselves, who is from a Canadian First Nation
- Those who are a parent, legal guardian or "other" to their dependent
- Those who are of a different nation to their dependent
- Those who have documents pertaining to their custodial guardianship
How to Apply
1️⃣ Start by creating a OneFeather account (our Status Card page has had updates so it looks a tiny bit different- but the video link still shows how to create an account), and visiting our Status Card page, which includes FAQs. To access the application Status Card page; login/ sign up for an account first.
2️⃣ See detailed instructions here.
3️⃣ Been through the application and realize you’re not yet eligible for Status Card for Dependents? No worries! Sign up to the early notifications list to alert you when new features are added, by filling in a 1 min questionnaire!
* Must sign up / or already have a OneFeather account to proceed
* The above applies for all our Status Card services, apart from Step 3 which is dependents-specific
Get a Gift By Signing Up
By joining our newsletter, see what gift 🎁 you could receive by referring others for a Status Card, and be the first to find out when more features are added to our services! Subscribe here.