OneFeather Summit 2023
At the end of February, we had our OneFeather Summit which took place on Lək̓ʷəŋən Traditional Territory on the lands of Esquimalt and Songhees Nations (Greater Victoria, BC).
As a mostly remote company, this gave us a chance to be connected with one another, immersing ourselves in Indigenous cultural traditions- which we were immensely grateful for, and sharing our ideas to help make OneFeather better for you!
Making it that extra bit special, we had facilitated workshops and activities that honour our values as an Indigenous company.
So we say a BIG gila'kasla (thank you) to the following:
- Jace Meyer and Jaime Morais of COYA Productions - we highly recommend their consultancy services, especially if you’re a company who aims to lead from a social impact and inclusive lens! They’ve worked with everyone from tech companies Animikii and Shopify to Native Women Lead and The Yukon Soaps Company.
- Paul Lacerte of Raven Indigenous Capital Partners, an impact investment enterprise that focus on empowering Indigenous businesses and creating a strong Indigenous economy.
- Elder, Jessica Sault and Cheyanne who share traditional teachings to honour sacred Indigenous ways.
- Swil Kanim who is a beautiful violinist, actor, storyteller and keynote speaker.
- Songhees Wellness Centre for our lunches, and especially the yummy bannock!
- Kwench for the co-working space that we used to put our hearts and minds together.
Watch this space!
After our much-needed in-person gathering, we look forward to implementing the ideas we were brainstorming (the concentration on Ben's face tells you that we're cooking up great things 😉), and updating you as we go.
We strongly suggest signing up for our awesome newsletter which is a portal to accessing all of what's new at OneFeather!