2024: Discover the Projects We're Launching
It’s 2024, folks 🎉 and that means a great new year filled with innovations at OneFeather geared towards improving the products and services you use with us. We’re excited to get into this, as we showcase our ever-evolving solutions- and the ways they benefit you as our amazing Indigenous community.
And so, check out what we’re about to launch!
📲 Wallet: Direct Pay Solutions
- Working on a pilot project for direct pay solutions on entitlements, and creating direct pay for Nations (Nations App) to Members (Members App).
🙊 Whilst that’s all we can say for right now, downloading the Wallet to your smartphone and signing up to the Members App (if you haven’t already), means you’ll be set for when we officially launch these projects.
We recommend also keeping your information up to date, and subscribing to our awesome newsletter as we always drop our latest news there!
Status Card Applications: Simplifying the Process
What: Simplified status card applications for adult renewals.
When: End of February/ early March 2024.
Who: For applicants that meet the requirements.
How: A super-quick questionnaire on the application page will direct you accordingly.
Info ➡ Status card renewals will no longer require a guarantor if:
- You already have a SCIS that is valid, and within 1 year of the renewal date on card.
- The application is a renewal, not replacing a lost, damaged, or stolen card.
- You were 16 years of age or older when you last applied for your SCIS.
- There have been no changes to personal information from your current SCIS, including: name, date of birth, Nation, or status number.
If there are changes to:
- How you identify
- Home address
And all the above criteria are met, you can still do the simplified application.
To know: These are the guidelines that have been initiated by Indigenous Services Canada for us to go forward with in this simplified process (which is just around the corner!).
Goals: To make things a little speedier Gonzalez with your application 🏃🏽♂️.
*Please note this is for applicants that meet the requirements.
The live changes will be available to view in the application, which you’ll be able to see by logging in or signing up to OneFeather.
👤 Members App: UX (User Experience) Improvements
- We're updating the Canadian First Nations list with the latest official data, making it easier for you to find your Nation!
- We're enhancing alert banners to provide users with action details and outcomes, aiding clarity for next steps (such as emails to expect, etc) 👍🏾!
Check out the new changes as they roll out by signing up to the Members App.
👩🏽💻 Nations App
😃 UX (User Experience) Improvements
- We're improving automatic responses and authority prompts, helping Nation admins with member management by providing recommendations for next actions. So, we essentially do the legwork for ya 🦵🏽!
😎 UI (User Interface/Design) Improvements
- Optimizing content for mobile breakpoints to ensure the information in the Nations App is as functional as the desktop version, without compromising readability.
* A mobile breakpoint refers to the screen width at which a website or application should adapt its layout and design to ensure optimal user experience.
🗳️ Voter Lists
- Changing the layout of how we display the table data – for easier readability of the information and results.
- Adding separate statuses to lists for digital voting and physical polls.
If you’re looking to make life easier in serving and managing your Nation, contact us here.
🪶 And last but certainly not least, a BRAND NEW PRODUCT
Who: For First Nation leaders/administrators.
What: Management of voting/elections, Nations’ memberships or consulting services.
Info: A new digital tool that can be used to input detailed information about your above needs, leading to quick responses that provide rates.
When: End of February/ early March 2024.
🤩 That is everything we have for you so far, folks. As aforementioned our newsletter is the source for early access; so don’t miss out on a single thing. Subscribe today!